Sunday, June 10, 2007

¡no mas, por favor, no mas!

So Mérida kicks ass. Two days ago, Jadon and I made our way to the beach at Porto Progreso for a whopping $1.20 (US) busfare from one street over. The beach is kind of dirty, yes, and full of frat-trash friendly beer stores, but I guess we came late enough in the day, or at least in an off-moment so that the beach was pretty clear. What's interesting about this place, and all of Mexico, is the amount of stray dogs that roam around. They're plentiful on the beach. We saw a dog that bounched up and down like he was a lowrider, hydraulic dog, hehe. Made my day. Yesterday I made my way to Chichen Itza, the biggest of the ruins i've seen here. This will perhaps be the last one that I go to down here, so at least I had a good time.

Today I'll probably hit up the cenotes (sinkholes) and go swimming. I guess it's about an hour's ride from here or so. I'd sure like a good swim that doesn't burn my eyes like the ocean.

No comments: