Saturday, June 16, 2007

coup de soleil de nouveau

So, I'm really starting to get pretty sick of this. I'm covered head to toe in a nasty sunburn that seems like no matter how long I stay out of the sun, it gets deeper and redder. Whatever. I'm staying in today. Reading Crime and Punishment and mostly just chilling out. As much as I love the beach here, I think I'll have to go back tonight after the sun goes down. No problem for me exactly, but it is only noon - meaning I've got a lot of Crime and Punishment to occupy me. At least they have the internet here, and I can futz around.

I've got about four more days here, then I fly to St Louis for a day or so, then either take the greyhound or hitch home. All in all, it's been a wonderful trip down to god's blind spot. I haven't had even the slightest bit of trouble, no sketchy situations, no robberies, no extortion. Jadon and I got harassed by a cop and a park ranger type guy for being in the park after it closed, and I think I got shortchanged by someone in a store for about five bucks, but I'm going to have to assume that it was an honest mistake - plus I should have just counted my change more carefully. Five bucks and a wasted cab fare were certainly not the worst I had expected. That said, I haven't made it back home yet.

No comments: