Thursday, June 26, 2008

j'aime ton style de poitrine

I have had the absolute best time with my life lately. I've accomplished many goals here, discovered some beautiful people, solidified a nice little root here in Toronto. I'm at home here. I've been here many times, and I feel like I've got a decent anchor. Canada offers so much when it comes right down to it.

I've got one year left of school before I get my degree. I well deserve it. I punched bigger than my own weight class for too long -- now I've developed decent lean mass and I'm ready to fight fair or dirty. My first step is probably going to be teaching English abroad for a little while. Getting my feet wet elsewhere, in some faraway land, far from the comforts and crutches of my own culture. Or maybe I'll go to France and try and earn some skrilla.

When I use my French here in Canadia, I get by just fine -- way better than most anglo-americans, and typically better than most non-qc canucks.

My stint in Niagara was great. I rode my bike the whole way -- a few snags, but once I was there I had a real blast. Too bad I tore up my feet pretty good by walking solely barefoot or in my cleats. I didn't know that my friend Marty was going to be there and available, nor did I anticipate the flat out legendary time that got to spend there with him and his friends.

I'm ready to move forward and start setting out some life framework. Major goals and milestones, but mostly personal paths. It'll be good to take what I've learned here and set myself in motion when I get back home.

No comments: