Monday, May 28, 2007

¡no me joder cabrón!

First off, a big congratulations to Tim and Shalan for their new baby boy Bronson Abadox McGruder. I couldn't have picked a better name myself, you crazy kids.


The murals of Diego Rivera were absolutely the best thing I saw in Mexico City, anyone who checks the city out should make the Palacio Nacional a first priority, besides, it's free.


Jadon and I took a cheap bus to Puebla for a day. That city was pretty big and bustling. Their soccer team won a big game, so for hours and hours the streets were clogged with people laying on their horns in celebration. People honk in this country quite a bit actually. Sometimes all night.


In Puebla we pretty much just took it in for the night and made plans to leave the next day. We shared a $10 room in a flophouse that was absolutely dreadful. The bed was misshapen in the middle and really uncomfortable. I was afraid of the scabies but I did it anyways - no sign of them anyhow. The bathroom was communal and flooded, and I didn't trust the shower.


There was a church adjacent to the roach motel that had loud chimes that went off every 15 minutes - even through the night. I was able to sleep through it all right, but Jadon tossed and turned the whole time. Poor guy. I'd sleep through a train crashing though my house, which I guess is a mixed blessing.


In the morning, we futzed around for a little bit and then headed to the bus station. I had credit card trouble, because for some reason my bank thought I was receiving fraudulent charges in Mexico - I guess you're supposed to tell them you're leaving the country first. After playing phone tag with my dad and the bank, I finally was able to get a new PIN and withdrawl some cash.


The bus was completely packed, and I ended up sitting next to some stinky guey who snored and kept touching his swampy genitals - plus he took up 3/4 of the seat. 12 hours later, we arrived here in town and got a quick hotel. This one was much nicer. I got a nice shower and a shave. much better, now for laundry.


Now we're in San Cristóbal de las Casas in Chiapas. We paid for a week of Spanish Classes and a weekly homestay with this nice lady Esmerelda and her son. It's coming along fine for me I think, Jadon's definitely having some difficulty. Knowing what I do of French has helped quite a bit, although I keep confusing prononciations.
I'll get the hang of it soon enough, no prob.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Suena como lo pasa bien...