Thursday, May 24, 2007

Calzada de los Muertos

we met up with this Australian named Mick earlier today to head off to Teotihuacán. Besides Stonehenge and the mountain carvings in Britain, I think it's the oldest neolithic thing I've ever seen. I didn't get any good pictures because my batteries were dead, and Jadon ran out of cash (with no ATM around), so I had to conserve my money. Besides, with all of these landmarks, everyone's probably seen way better photos online and in magazines. It would have been nice though.


I got a killer sunburn, which i hope is the worst I get through the whole trip. Nothing besides water tonight, it'll just dry me out totally, so I don't want any part of it, I'm already hurting.


We're planning on crashing in the hostel for another night, then heading to Oaxaca in the next couple of days. Tomorrow I want to just hang out in the city, and take in a few good walks and whatever. I want to see some Diego Rivera murals and find a good restaurant.


I found a vegetarian restaurant today that was practically atrocious. Mick the Australian was the least pleased , but I did watch him pull apart a whole fish and eat it. Tomorrow I'll just take some of Jason's advice and use the "sin carne, sin pollo, sin puerco y sin pesco" routine and cross my fingers. so far, Montezuma has nothing on me (so far).

No comments: